1. Charge the device for at least 10 minutes
2. With the device truly OFF (NOT ON STANDBY), push in and hold volume up and volume down AND power button And HOLD for 2 minutes and let go once 2 Minutes has passed.
Doing this will calibrate the Circuit within the battery charging system.
From the creators of BackTrack comes Kali Linux, the most advanced and versatile penetration testing distribution ever created. BackTrack has grown far beyond its humble roots as a live CD and has now become a full-fledged operating system. With all this buzz, you might be asking yourself: what’s new?
Biggest change is no more /pentest. Now it’s in the $PATH as it should be. And ARM support finally!!!
Here a small capture with Wifite cracking my own WEP router.
Have you ever lost your phone in between the couch cushions or forgot it in a restaurant? Or maybe searching for your phone before you rush out the door is part of your morning routine? Later this month, the new Android Device Manager can help you out. It’s one of a few simple features you can use to keep your device—and the data you store inside—safe and secure.
Locate and ring your misplaced device
If you ended up dropping your phone between those couch cushions, Android Device Manager lets you quickly ring your phone at maximum volume so you can find it, even if it’s been silenced. And in the event that your phone or tablet is out of earshot (say, at that restaurant you left it at last night), you can locate it on a map in real time.
Protecting your personal information and data
While losing your phone can be stressful, Android Device Manager can help you keep your data from ending up in the wrong hands. If your phone can’t be recovered, or has been stolen, you can quickly and securely erase all of the data on your device.
Availability and getting started
This service will be available later this month on devices running Android 2.2 or above; to use it, you also will need to be signed into your Google Account. There will also be an Android app to allow you to easily find and manage your devices. Stay tuned!
A new app called “CallHeads” gives users the option to use a bubble to display any incoming calls while the user is in the middle of using a concurrent application. You can pull the bubble to different sides of the screen to tell it whether you want to pick up the call, ignore it, or postpone it.
When taking a picture with your phone, now you won’t have to worry about a call coming in and ruining that perfect Kodak moment. More screens and download links after the break.
Since the release of XBMC I am a frequent user of it. And now with my Android Phone i finally have a way to have never leave the couch again! Here’s whats new in XBMC version 12 (Frodo);
- HD audio support, including DTS-MA and Dolby True-HD, via the new XBMC AudioEngine (OSX/iOS not yet available)
- Live TV and PVR support
- h.264 10bit (aka Hi10P) video software decoding for anime
- 64bit support in OSX to match the 64bit support in Linux
- Improved image support, allowing the database to accomodate numerous additional image types and more interesting and complex skins
- Support for the Raspberry PI
- Initial support for the Android platform
- Improved AirPlay support across all platforms, including AirPlay audio in XBMC for Windows to match the other platforms
- Improved controller support in Windows and Linux
- Advanced Filtering in the library
- Video library tags to complement movie sets
- Advanced UPnP sharing
- Default video languages now match the language being used by XBMC
- Translations now powered by Transifex
HTC has made no secret of its plans to launch Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for its leading HTC One phones, but so far it’s offered nothing in the way of release dates. It looks like the manufacturer’s getting closer to having its updates finalized, though, as veteran mobile site MoDaCo is reporting that the updates are due to being rolling out in October.
According to MoDaCo founder Paul O’Brien, the upcoming EE UK HTC One XL will ship with Jelly Bean, as will the rumored One X+ — a refreshed version of the Tegra 3 version said to sport higher clock speeds. Around the same time, existing One X and One XL devices will get bumped up to Android 4.1,MoDaCo claims.
The site has no info on when the One S will get Jelly Bean, but given that it’s already confirmed for an update, we’re hopeful it won’t be too far behind. As ever, take this with a pinch of salt until we’ve got updates rolling out to devices. Nevertheless, we’ll be crossing our fingers come October.
Messenger will now hide a buddy list “hidden to the right” of the app, which can be revealed by swiping left. It works like the Facebook app’s menu drawer that’s “on the left” of the app, but on the right side. To see which of your Facebook friends are available in your buddy list, just swipe left. It will show everybody in a list. The Messenger app has also been tuned for speed and even allows you to send and receive SMS messages from within the app.
Facebook for Android is getting many of the same updates to improve its messaging capability too:
- New button in upper right of News Feed quickly shows who’s available to message
- New design for conversations in Messages
- When sending messages, see who’s active so you and your friends know how soon to expect a reply
- Improvements to make the app more secure and reliable, including bug fixes for errors during multi-photo selections, device restarts, and push notifications
- exclusive to the Android app: threaded messages for both Facebook messages and your SMS text messages.
Many of the improvements overlap with each other, which kind of makes the Facebook Messenger app a little redundant. But, hey, more Facebook chatting for Facebook fiends. link
Flipboard, the popular iOS app that lets you swipe through blogs, news feeds, Twitter and Facebook like a magazine, has officially come to Google’s Android platform. It’s coming to Android in a big way though, as it will be bundled with Samsung’s new Galaxy S III phone in the US. We knew that most of this was coming, as we went hands-on with the app at the beginning of May.
Earlier this week, Google’s Bradley Horowitz told the crowd at Le Web that Google+ streams were coming to Flipboard, and here they are. Flipboard didn’t stop the Google love there, as it has also included YouTube as an available service to go along with other social platforms like Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
When I talked to Marci McCue of Flipboard earlier this week, she told me that bringing the app to Android was by far the number one request it fields. You’ll now be able to download Flipboard on any Android device, including the NOOK, Kindle Fire. It will also start popping up in Samsung Apps, which is the Korean mobile giant’s app store.
Fully customized experience for Android
Dolphin Browser is the Highest Performing HTML5 Mobile Browser
How fast? Dolphin Engine’s HTML-5 Rendering is:
- 5-10X faster than the default Android browser
- 100% faster than Chrome (at times)
- Scored over a 450 when tested on HTML5test.com. (HTML5test.com is an a respected tool for testing a browser’s support of HTML5)
Try it out our latest version of Dolphin Engine, the behind-the scenes technology that makes this Dolphin Browser the highest performing HTML5 browser.
Check out how Dolphin stacks up:
After 2 years of reinstalling booting/flashing my good old Nokia N900 it’s finally gone. I have sold it to get the new HTC One X with Android 4.0.3 (ICS). Main reason I bought it, is cause it’s fast (Quad Core (4+1) SoC @ 1.5 Ghz. And for the NFC connection (which I guess will be mainstream in some years). Also not less important, good quality photo’s/video’s and sound.
Most of all i was amazed by it weight (130 grams) and so slim. The One X features a 4.7 inch 1280×720 pixel (RGB matrix) IPS panel LCD display, covered by a single pane of Corning Gorilla Glass. It’s so strong you could hit a nail in some wood without destroying it. Should be great to do so, but it’s better for the durability of the screen.
The Wi-Fi is really good, while some others have loose of signal right next to the router, but HTC has a fix for it.